Medical and medicinal gases are invaluable in a number of areas:
- In anaesthesia, medical and medicinal gases including oxygen, nitrous oxide, air and nitrous oxide/oxygen mixtures are a key part of safe and effective patient care.
- In intensive care, medicinal oxygen and medical helium/oxygen mixtures help in the care and comfort of critical ill patients.
- In neonatology, INOmax® Therapy encompasses a complete solution for inhaled nitric oxide.
- In neurology, medicinal oxygen has proved an effective acute treatment for cluster headache.
- In obstetrics, medicinal nitrous oxide/oxygen mixtures provide effective analgesia that can be delivered not only by anaesthetists, but also by midwives.
- In pain management, medicinal nitrous oxide/oxygen mixtures deliver fast-acting, rapid onset of analgesia without the need for cannulation.
- In pulmonology, medical cardiopulmonary testing gases ensure accurate diagnosis and assessment, while medicinal oxygen is used to treat and improve the quality of life of patients with chronic lung disorders.